Set Your Intention with a "Word of the Year"
Meet more goals and feel more energized
The trick is selecting the one word that truly represents your most important goal. Here are some examples: produce, organize, appreciate, balance, discover, fearless, flexible; and decluttering your spaces. It’s a daily reminder of what matters to you. The one word does not cause stress.
- There aren’t lists of items to check off.
- There’s no guilt as the months progress.
- There’s no time required to read through lists, adjust goals, cross off items, or add new items.
The one word needn’t require a “to do” rather the one word can invoke a “to be” where you can easily identify if you are or are not being this word.
The Art Soul Living 2021 Word of the Year is "REFINE"
I couldn’t help but snicker to myself as I reviewed my blog post from a year ago stating my purpose for the year ahead. It reminded me, we are constantly evolving, changing and refining parts of ourselves, our goals, our dreams and our businesses.
In 2020, after reading the little book, 20,000 Days and Counting by Robert D. Smith, I was inspired to sit down and write out things that give me purpose in life:
- to live life to the fullest
- be debt free
- do what I love
- do work with a good purpose
- help others
- add value to others’ lives
- abundant living
- create with a purpose
- inspire others
- bring healing through art
- cool art
- healed relationships
- do things that matter
- eating / health care
- mental health
- divorce/marriage support
- the church
- create a business that supports us
- affiliate marketing
- write a book
- creating the life I want